1. Who was the president of the Constituent Assembly that held the 'Independence Meeting'? select answer Mahatma Gandhi Rajendra Prasad Dr Radhakrishnana
2. Who was the viceroy of independent India?
select answer Lord Mountbatten Lord Wellesley Lord Bentinck
3. Name the first woman minister of Independent India.
select answer Sarojini Naidu Rajkumari Amrit Kaur Vijay Lakshmi Pandit
4. What does the navy blue wheel that appears in the Indian national flag stand for? select answer the wheel of Krishna the wheel of law the wheel of religion
5. The order of the colors of Indian national flag from top down is...
(Find the odd combination out)
select answer saffron, white, green green, white, saffron red, white, green
6. In 1997, the year of 50th anniversary of Indian independence, the US Senate passed
a resolution, designating it as a National(US) Day of celebration of...
select answer Freedom from the British rule Indian and American free trade Indian and American democracy
7. They are the national animal, bird, flower and fruit of India.
Pick out the right combination (in the same order).
select answer Tiger, pigeon,lotus and mango Elephant, peacock, lotus and apple Tiger, peacock, lotus and mango
8. Since when India had been recognized as a republic?
select answer August 15, 1947 January 26, 1948 January 26, 1950
9. Who among the following was the last Governor General of Independent India?
select answer Lord Mountbatten Rajendraprasad C R Gopalachari
10. The first stanza of Tagore's 'Janagana Maana' has been selected as India's national anthem.
How many stanzas are there in the original song?
select answer 5 4 2
11. Who is the author of the National Anthem of India?
select answer Rabindranath Tagore Bankim Chandra Chatterjee Subhash Chandra Bose Vallabhbhai Patel
12. What does the blue wheel that appears in the Indian national flag stand for?
select answer The wheel of religion The wheel of law of justice The wheel of Krishna The wheel of fortune
13. Who gave the slogan "Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it"?
select answer Mahatma Gandhi Lal Bahadur Shastri Bal Gangadhar Tilak Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
14. Who was the first President of Independent India?
select answer Rajendra Prasad Mahatma Gandhi Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Dr. S Radhakrishnan
15. Who was the Lal in Lal, Bal, Pal?
select answer Lal Bahadur Shastri Lala Lajpat Rai Jawaharlal Nehru Motilal Nehru
16. The first Indian National Army was founded by...
select answer Vallabhbhai Patel Capt Mohan Singh Subhash Chandra Bose Bhagat Singh
17. Identify the National Hero in the below picture.